Things took a turn for the unexpected today. If you haven’t read the news, the ship broke its mooring this morning and has pushed onto the rocks on the western side of the harbour at Mawson. We’ve endured the full strength of what Antarctica can give us today. Mawson is located in one of the windiest places in the world and today we’ve been in a blizzard with wind gusts up to 90 knots. Its unpleasant to say the least. I’ll save the story for when its reached it’s completion but suffice to say, we’re all okay. We’re safe, we’re warm and we just need to wait out this storm. What happens next will become clearer once the winds die down so for now we have no answers. We expect better weather in the next day or two so until then we’re just ready and waiting for our next move.